Job Start Date: May 2019
Application Closing Date: 19 April 2019
Job Salary and Benefits: The starting salary is £28,859 p.a. plus pension scheme, 25 days leave – potentially increasing to 30 days.
General Job Description
My client has a full-time vacancy for the position of Cadet Quartermaster with the Royal County of Berkshire Army Cadet Force, based at its headquarters in Reading. The appointment calls for a six months probationary period, which will become permanent upon successful completion.
Reporting to the CEO the Cadet Quartermaster is responsible for all stores, accounting, supply, maintenance, vehicles and logistic support.
- Maintenance of ledgers and the implementation of a system of control and co-ordination for the secure storage, receipt, issue and accounting of weapons, ammunition, clothing, equipment, vehicles and stores
- Preparation of accounts and ledgers for audit and stocktaking including equipment, miscellaneous, loans, rations and accommodation accounts
- Responsible for public accounts regarding rations, clothing and losses
- Management of weapons and ammunition, including correct storage in accordance with regulations
- Supervising Officer for catering including contract catering at camps and management of the laundry and dry-cleaning contract
- Oversee the accounting system and Health and Safety Advisor
- Previous experience in a quartermaster role or similar (dealing with accounts and stocktaking) is desirable but not essential
- Project management experience is required along with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous leadership experience
- Working as part of a team as well as independently and being able to take the initiative, demonstrate solid decision-making skills whilst being well motivated are key to this role
- Strong communication skills, being well-organised and able to prioritise projects is important
Please forward your CV by email to:
Matt Sheerin, Director
afterthemilitary – “Building a Bridge to a New Career”
07517 675 038